In this tutorial, I will show you a loophole in All in One Wp Migration plugin which lets you increase the upload limit to Unlimited. I’m not encouraging you to do it as it won’t do justice to the developers. You can easily upgrade to a premium version. The Migration Plugin does a great job of migrating websites between hosting providers. I use this plugin for transferring a live site to my local WordPress installation.
Step by Step Instructions to Increase the Upload Limit for All in One WP Migration Plugin
- Download an older version of the Plugin. Download Link.
- Install code editors like Notepad++
- Extract the downloaded plugin and open the constants.php using code editors like Notepad++
- Search “Max File Size” without the quotes (press Control + F or Click on search in the top menu and find or scroll down to line 282 )
- Replace define( ‘AI1WM_MAX_FILE_SIZE’, 2 << 26467458 ); to the following (copy and paste it exactly as it is)
define( 'AI1WM_MAX_FILE_SIZE', 2 << 5465486786 );
- Save the file and then compress the file again in zip format. (Press control + s or go to file menu –> save)
- Now install the plugin on your WordPress website.
- Voila! you have successfully changed the upload limit.
You can go to import and test by uploading a zip file larger than 1GB. It worked for me perfectly as I uploaded around 11GB without any hassle.
How to install WordPress on your computer?
- Download Bitnami WP Installer and open the setup file.
- Just click on the Next button until it’s done. It’s as simple as that. You will be asked to enter the WordPress username and password, so make sure you type in something you can remember and save the login details somewhere safe.
- Click on “access WordPress” to open your local WordPress site.
- In order to log in, just type /login in the address bar after the local site i